This recipe of delicious Vegan Steamed Buns with Apple and Pear filling is one of the healthy and nutritious options for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
These cute buns are very simple to make by following the recipe which we wrote and as result you will gain sweet and soft buns with airy texture and juicy caramel fruit taste. You can serve them with any type of drink and at any time in a day.
We use the natural bamboo steamer, but you can use the regular steamer. Just make sure that you have special paper liners for it.
- 1 pack active dry yeast (11 gr.)
- 1 ½ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. white organic sugar
- 1 tsp. cooking sea salt
- 4 cups all – purpose wheat flour
- 2 sweet pears
- 2 to 3 green apples
- 3 to 4 tbsp. organic white sugar
- 50 to 70 gr. raisins
- 2 tbsp. honey liqueur Jack Daniels
- Juice half of lemon
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- For filling wash and dry the raisins, soak in honey liqueur Jack Daniels.
- Cut apples and pears into cubes.
- Add sugar to non – stick frying or saucepan. When it’s become light brown, add apples and pears. Stir well.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar, drizzle with lemon juice and mix well. Cook for several minutes and add raisins.
- Season with some spices, coconut oil and stir with spatula. Remove from the heat and allow it completely cool.
- For dough warm up the almond milk until it reaches approximately 36 – 38 degrees C. Add sugar, yeast, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Sift flour into a large whisking bowl, add raised yeast mixture, coconut oil and salt. Mix well with spatula until dough start to stick together.
- Knead the dough, cover with clean cloth and put in warm place for 1 hour.
- When the dough is double in sizes, knead it once more, cover with cloth and keep in warm place another 40 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 balls. Stuff buns with prepared fillings, close the edges, cover with wet cloth and set aside in warm place for 30 minutes.
- Line bamboo steamer with paper liners, put buns, grease with almond milk and steam for 15 minutes. Make sure that you tightly close the last section of bamboo steamer with wet cloth.
- Grease prepared buns with apricot jam, sprinkle with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, cinnamon and serve.