Today we are going to make delicious meal, also known as Spring Rolls. Spring rolls usually made from rice paper wraps stuffed with vegetable filling and rice noodles. This dish is really easy to make. All you need to do is to slice all vegetables, cook some noodles and make the rolls.
These rolls can be served as a main course or as a snack during the dinner or maybe fast lunch. You can choose any kind of sauce: hoisin, teriyaki sauce, sweet chili or special spring roll dipping sauce.
Also, it is very good option to fry these rolls in vegetable oil. Just preheat some oil in a saucepan until it reach 180 °C (356 °F). Put spring rolls into saucepan and fry until golden. For these rolls you can use not only rice paper but also thin spring roll wrappers made from dough.
Usually rolls are savory meal, but you could make them sweet as well. Just replace vegetables with fruits and berries and serve them with sweet dipping sauce. I also recommend to make some refreshing drinks like Ice Cold Matcha Latte or Iced Peach Tea.
- 1 red onion
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 avocado
- Arugula leaves
- Rice paper wrappers
- 400 gr. thick rice noodles
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- Sweet chili or spring rolls sauce
- Soak rice noodles in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Slice red onion. Mix all ingredients for marinade and pour on top of onion. Set aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice other vegetables.
- Cook rice noodles in boiling water fro 30 seconds, then put in ice cold water.
- Wash arugula leaves and dry with paper towel or in salad spinner.
- Soak rice paper wrappers in hot water for 20 seconds. Transfer to big plate or cutting board. Add vegetables, pickled onion, arugula leaves and some rice noodles.
- Roll into rolls.
- Serve with sweet chili or spring roll sauce.
We hope that you will enjoy our simple recipe!