Today we are going to make the fluffiest Vegan Gluten Free Mini Carrot Cakes ever! These adorable cakes are super easy to make. Another 20 to 25 minutes and you will enjoy delicious sweet treat with a glass of Iced Latte. They are so soft and tender and every bite is melts into your mouth.
For these Carrot Cakes you can use any kind of glaze and decorating. For example, you can use caramel sauce or melted dark chocolate, glaze with blood orange juice, chopped nuts, fresh berries or chocolate chunks as toppings. Just use your imagination and create something new. Also you could add your favourite spices like nutmeg, ginger, anise and etc.
If you want to make a big carrot cake, I recommend to replace gluten free flour and oat flour with all purpose flour. It will make texture thicker and as result you will have lovely Vegan Carrot Cake.
You could decorate it vegan buttercream or whipped coconut cream and decorate with fresh flowers or berries.
From these cakes you could also make a great base for mousse cake as well. If you want, check the recipe here. From our YouTube Channel you can get more ideas and recipes of vegan meals, snacks and dessert.
Vegan Gluten Free Mini Carrot CakesCourse: DessertCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Beginner
150 gr. grated carrot
Handful of toasted walnuts
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup gluten free brown flour
1/4 cup oat flour
1/2 cup cane sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup apple puree or applesauce
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Zest of 1/2 orange
2 1/2 tbsp. orange juice
1 cup icing sugar
2 to 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- Mix applesauce with oil and sugar until combine. Add grated carrot.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, cornstarch, gluten free and oat flour, baking soda and baking powder, salt, cinnamon and mix well. Add chopped walnuts.
- Combine dry ingredients with carrot mixture and whisk until combine.
- Mix juice with vanilla extract and orange zest until combine. Add to batter and give a good stir.
- Put batter into silicon molds.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Bake cakes into preheated oven to 25 minutes. Cooking time depends of your oven type.
- Cool on the wire rack before glazing.
- Mix icing sugar with lemon juice until combine. Drizzle carrot cakes with lemon glaze, decorate with sprinkles and serve.
Have a lovely day!