Christmas is coming! The time is running so fast and we are preparing some special holiday sweet treats for our friends and family. We decide to make such lovely Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies and now we want to share this incredibly tasty and cute recipe with you.
The nice crispy texture, amazing aroma of spices, unforgettable taste… These cookies are perfect for warm and cozy days, when all family comes together and spend a wonderful time with cup of tea after delicious dinner.
You can serve them with almost any kind of drinks like coffee, hot chocolate, Matcha Latte or other your favorite things.
We used the plain icing for decorating Gingerbread cookies, but you can choose what you like: sprinkles, chocolate and etc. Just use your creativity!
We wish wonderful, delicious and happy weekends to you and your family!
Enjoy Cooking with Creative Family!
P.S. Don’t forget to check our Instagram and other social profiles to not miss the latest and interesting news.
- 270 gr. all purpose flour
- 50 gr. cocoa
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. coffee extract
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 maple or agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cups vegan butter
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 - 4 tbsp. coconut milk (add more milk if needed)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. coconut milk
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Line the baking sheet with baking paper and preheat oven to 180 °C(350 °F).
- Sift the baking powder with flour and cocoa into mixing bowl, add sugar, spices, coffee extract, syrup, softened butter and milk.
- Mix the dough with hands until it become smooth and elastic.
- Put the dough into plastic bag or cover with plastic wrap and keep in fridge about 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough on the flat surface dusted with some flour until 1cm thick and cut cookies.
- Bake into oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let them completely cool before icing.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl, add the remaining ingredients and whisk until combine. Fill the piping bag with very small hole with icing and decorate cookies as you want.
- Enjoy them with cup of Matcha Latte!
- If you want to make them some sweet, add about 3 tablespoons brown cane sugar.
- The baking time depends of your oven type.