All of us love chocolate, right? 😊🍫
However, before we even start cooking our delicious Vegan Chocolate Cream Tart, let’s know more about chocolate benefits, how to choose it and cook it properly.
Chocolate: Pro and Cons
All types of chocolate are made from cocoa beans. The good quality chocolate should contain several main ingredients (without them you can’t say that it is a real chocolate).
First of all, cocoa butter. 🤔
If you want to buy good quality chocolate with rich taste for cooking, it should have a cocoa butter.
The second thing is a cocoa mass – a solid or semi – solid product which is using to make chocolate (with some additional cocoa butter).
There are existing so many different kinds of chocolate with various flavours: nuts, extracts (like vanilla or coconut), liqueurs and fillings (chocolate ganaches, fruit and berry purees, cream and etc.).
The chocolate have a long story. Many centuries ago, Olmec Indians used hot chocolate as sacred drink. And the recipe of that chocolate is too far from our modern version.
In XIX century, chocolate was sell into pharmacy like a refreshing drink for gain energy.
Many scientists recognise that chocolate positively affects on the body by improving the mood and producing the hormones of happiness – serotonin and endorphins. 😌Eating chocolate makes you feel happy.
Nevertheless, we shouldn’t overdo with this sweet dessert. The high consumption of chocolate is raising the amount of glucose in blood and it is not good for our metabolism. 😔
That is why it is recommend to eat chocolate dessert only in first half of the day and in small portions. ☺️
How to store chocolate and how to buy it properly
As we mentioned before, the high quality chocolate must contain two ingredients: cocoa butter and cocoa mass. If it’s have it, that means you found what you are looking for.
Therefore, I advice you to not buy the cheap chocolate because it can have some harmful chemicals.
To keep chocolate you will need to choose dry but cold dark place. It will helps not to melt the chocolate.
Now it is time to make delicious and simple vegan dessert – Chocolate Cream Tart.
The first step is prepare the dough. I used the food processor to make it faster, but it is okay if you just mix all ingredients together into a bowl and then knead it until it become smooth and elastic.
Make sure that the tart crust is well chilled because if it is not, it will be pretty hard to transfer it to tart pan. 😊So, let is sit in fridge at least 1 hour.
The next step is making two fillings: chocolate cream and chocolate ganache.
Follow the instructions in recipe down below and done! Your vegan chocolate tart is ready for decorating! 🤗
For decorating tart you can use anything that you want: different berries, nuts and etc, but try to keep it as minimalistic as you can.
- For 10 inch. /25.5 cm. tart pan
- 150 gr. all purpose wheat flour
- 50 gr. almond flour (optional, you can replace with all purpose flour)
- 30 gr. icing sugar
- 40 gr. cocoa powder
- 60 gr. dairy free vegan butter
- 60 gr. solid coconut oil
- 3 gr. salt
- 40 ml. orange juice
- 200 gr. dark chocolate
- 70 ml orange juice
- 2 tbsp. invert syrup
- 1 tsp. icing sugar
- 130 ml coconut milk from can (only cream part)
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tbsp. orange liqueur
- 120 gr. high quality dark chocolate
- 100 gr. coconut cream from can (without liquid)
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Combine dry ingredients into food processor. It is recommended to sift flour before adding it into food processor.
- Add cold vegan butter and solid coconut oil. Mix well and pour in orange juice. Mix once more until it forms a ball.
- Transfer it to the cutting board dusted with flour. Make a flat disk and cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge for several hours.
- Roll the dough on the baking paper and carefully transfer it to lined tart pan. Form the sides with your fingers and cut the excess parts.
- Preheat the oven at 180 °C (350 °F).
- Make holes with fork and put baking paper on top. Add baking beans and bake into oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove baking paper with beans and bake another 10 minutes. Place the tart pan on the wire rack and completely cool.
- Add cornstarch into orange juice, icing sugar, invert syrup. Add coconut milk and mix well until combine and place on the medium heat. Cook with stirring until mixture is thickens.
- Add liqueur, mix well and pour on top of chocolate. Stir until combine.
- Pour the chocolate cream on top of tart crust and put in fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat coconut cream with maple syrup, remove from the heat. Add chocolate and mix until combine.
- When chocolate cream is well thickens, pour on top chocolate ganache, cover with aluminium foil and put in fridge overnight.
- Decorate with raspberries, chocolate roses, mint leaves, dust with golden powder and serve.
- Bon Appetite!
- Knead the leftover tart crust and roll on dusted with flour surface. Cut small circles with cookie cutter and put them one by one. Roll into flower and fix the petals by fingers.
- Slightly grease them with chocolate ganache and put on top of tart. Dust with golden powder. Done!