As we wrote before, couple months ago we released our first Vegan Cookbook: Easy Plant – Based Healthy Recipes for Everyone.
Yes, that was a very large work process, which we successfully finished and, as result, you will gain completely exciting cook guide with more than 80 delicious & simple healthy recipes. Is in that awesome, right? 😄😋
I was pretty proud of ourselves, because we did a great job. This book is super easy – to – follow, have beautiful appearance, useful tips and many other interesting things.
And here is our demo recipe from the Vegan Cookbook: Easy Plant – Based Healthy Recipes for Everyone – Tofu Falafel. (P.S. tap on the name of book to see it) 😄😘
Falafel is one of the most popular meals of eastern cuisine. Traditionally it makes with chickpeas and tahini paste with sesame seeds.
But we offer you a new vision of this favorite dish – tofu falafel. Try to make it and you will see how tasty and healthy it is. Crispy, chewy with soft texture and amazing flavor, it perfectly goes with any kind of sauces, especially with Piquant Hoisin sauce.
As side dish we will make vegetable salad, but you can serve them with humus. You will find it in our book. Also, I recommend to serve it with crunchy vegetables like carrots, cauliflower, celery, radish or broccoli.
- 300 gr. okara (soy pulp which we get after making soy milk)
- 185 gr. tofu cheese
- 1 chopped white onion
- 3 chopped or pressed garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp. potato starch
- 1 tbsp. corn flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. turmeric
- 1⁄2 tsp. oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. curry
- 30 to 40 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. ice cold water
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- Juice of one orange
- 2 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- Juice of half lemon
- 50 ml pomegranate juice or red dry wine
- 2 tbsp. balsamic sauce
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. vegetable protein sauce
- 2 tbsp. maple or agave syrup
- 30 gr. finely chopped marinated ginger
- Cabbage coleslaw
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 medium sized cabbage head
- 1 red onion
- 1 carrot
- Juice of lemon
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- First, make the falafel. Combine all ingredients into mixing bowl, mix well. Form same sized small balls and crumb them into sesame seeds.
- Add vegetable oil into pan with thick bottom, place on the medium – high heat. Once oil is well preheated, transfer falafel to pan and cook 5 to 7 minutes until they turn to nice golden. Put them on the plate lined with paper towels.
- The next step is to prepare sauce. Mix cornstarch with small amount of water.
- Add onion and garlic to well preheated frying pan with vegetable oil. Cook until light golden color. Drizzle with vinegar and give a good stir. Add orange juice, sweet chili sauce, hoisin sauce, juice 1⁄2 lemon, 50 ml pomegranate juice or red dry wine, balsamic sauce and vinegar, peanut butter, chopped ginger, vegetable protein sauce and syrup. Mix well and cook 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour in cornstarch with water, stir and cook over low heat several minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and remove from the heat.
- Thinly slice onion and cabbage, grate carrot and put everything together into mixing bowl. Season with salt, sugar, drizzle with oil and lemon juice and mix well.
- Sprinkle with chopped herbs. Put falafel and coleslaw on the serving plate, add broccoli and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle falafel with sauce and serve!
- Bon Appetite!