Simply delicious healthy sweet treat – Vegan Jam Donuts with Apricot Jam Filling. Not fried, but baked sweet soft donuts with tasty jammy filling, dusted with some sugar. Easy to make summer dessert for friends parties or family dinner.
The only thing you should have is a patience. For best result dough should proof for at least 1 hour. But it is totally worth it. After all your efforts as result you will receive amazing fluffy Vegan Jam Donuts , low in fat and sugar.
Also, this donuts are absolutely perfect with any kinds of filling. You could use any other jams, chocolate, caramel, whipped cream, dairy free custard and anything you want. Just experiment and create something new!
Let’s begin making gorgeous donuts!
- 1 tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Chia seeds
- 450 - 500 gr. wheat flour
- 2 tsp. Active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 tbsp. Sugar
- 150 ml plant based milk
- 50 gr. dairy free butter
- 3 tbsp. Melted dairy free butter
- Caster sugar for coating
- Apricot jam
- Mix chia seeds with 6 tbsp. of water and set aside for at least 2 hours.
- Mix flour with sugar and yeast. Whisk well.
- In a saucepan combine plant based milk, apple cider vinegar and dairy free butter. Place on the medium heat and mix until butter is completely melts. Remove from the heat and slightly cool before adding to dry ingredients.
- Mix milk and butter mixture with flour and yeast. Knead until dough become smooth and elastic about 10 minutes. If dough is a bit sticky add more flour.
- Grease large mixing bowl with vegetable oil. Put dough and cover with kitchen towel. Proof for 1 hour. Slightly knead the dough, cover again and proof for 45 minutes more.
- Roll the dough in 2 cm thickness. Cut the circles with round cutter, 7 cm in diameter. Put on the baking pan lined with baking paper. Cover with towel and proof 20 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 °C (350 °F) for 10 - 12 minutes. Cool before coating.
- Melt vegan butter. Grease donuts from each side, then coat in sugar and fill with your favorite jam (we use apricot flavor). Enjoy with glass of cold almond milk!