This stunning salad cannot leave you unsatisfied because it is so delicious and juicy. Many people love seafood but not all of them know that it perfectly goes with fennel and avocado. And now we want to share this recipe with you cause we want to share this incredible delicious meal with everyone. You should definitely try it.
Now Christmas is coming and it will be perfect as holiday dish for party or traditional family dinner. We hope that you will like it)
Seafood salad with fennel and avocado
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 avocado
- 2 oranges
- 1 red onion
- 7 to 9 king prawns
- 1 to 2 calamari
- 2 tbsp. of pumpkin seeds
- 2 to 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- Some sprigs of dill
- Sea salt and black ground pepper
- For sauce:
- 100 ml of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 50 grams of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Hot chili pepper
- Rice wine or dark rum – 50 ml
1. Toast pumpkin seeds in frying pan with a little bit of olive oil on the medium heat.
2. Put some dill into a pan with water, bring to the boil and season with salt.
3. Make crosscuts on calamari and put in pan with boiling water, add washed prawns.
4. Cover with lid and boil until prawns become red. Take out the seafood and put into a bowl, set aside.
5. Thinly cut fennel bulb. Season with salt, drizzle with rice vinegar, sprinkle with chopped dill and drizzle with olive oil. Put it on the plate and place it on water bath for 1 minute.
6. Clean prawns and cut calamari into pieces, put into a bowl.
7. Add freshly squeezed orange juice into frying pan, add sugar, stir and bring to the boil, cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Add rice wine or dark rum, chopped hot chili pepper, season with salt and cook for couple of minutes.
9. Thinly slice avocado and put on top of fennel.
1o. Cut red onion into thin slices, drizzle with lemon juice, season with salt and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
11. Add pickled onion on top of avocado and fennel. Then add orange slices and some more avocado.
12. Put sliced seafood into frying pan with sauce, stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
13. Add prepared calamari and prawns on top of salad and drizzle with sauce.
14. Sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds, decorate with dill and serve.
See the full video here: