Super healthy salad with vegetables and spicy dressing. What can be better? It is easy to cook and contains many vitamins and minerals.
Salad with fennel, white onion, orange and spicy dressing
- 1 fennel
- 1 white onion
- 2 – 3 salad leaves
- ¼ of Chinese cabbage head
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
- Pinch of hot chili pepper
- Fresh herbs (coriander and parsley)
- Sea salt and black pepper – to taste For salad dressing:
- Fish sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Ouster sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Rice vinegar – 1 tbsp.
- Sesame oil – 1 tsp.
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Chili hot pepper flakes – 1 tsp.
- Sesame seeds – 1 tsp.
- Olive oil – 1 tsp.
- Remove the core from fennel bulb, peel the white onion, wash it and cut into halves.
- Cut the fennel in the same way like onion. Put the onion and fennel slices into a bowl, sprinkle with sugar, drizzle with lemon juice and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Slice the cucumber into thin circles. Drizzle with some rice vinegar.
- Wash the salad leaves and Chinese cabbage, chop and put on the serving plate. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cut tomatoes into pieces. Add cucumbers, tomatoes, pickled onion and fennel on the serving plate.
- Cut oranges into slices and put on top of salad.
- Decorate with chopped herbs.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together all ingredients for dressing and serve with salad.