Well, we think before that “sweet carrot syrup” sounds very strange and we have no idea that you can make it home. However when we did this syrup and added a little bit of red greek saffron we gained a gorgeous combination of carrot juicy flavor and very deep saffron aroma. And, to be honest, this syrup is amazing. It can perfeclty goes with jellies, panacotta, creams and you can use it for greasing cakes and cupcakes.
Hope that you will like it!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- 650 grams of regular sugar
- 300 ml of water
- 2 tbsp. of glucose syrup
- Zest of one orange
- 100 ml of freshly squeezed lemon and orange juice
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 20 segments of saffron
- 1 finely chopped carrot
- Soak saffron in water for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add zest of orange and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour this mixture into a pan, add carrot, sugar, glucose syrup, juice of lemon and orange and give a good stir. Place on the medium heat.
- Add pinch of nutmeg and bring to the boil. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes on the medium heat until thickens.
- Remove pan from the heat and set aside until syrup completely cools.
- Pour syrup into jars or glass bottles.
- Voilà! Syrup is ready.
- Tips: It is unnecessary to grease pan with water cause this syrup will not crystallize.