Healthy breakfast on-the-go – Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins. Delicious combination of taste and texture, high in nutritious value snack filled with energy for the whole day!
Also, to make them fancy we add a bit of dried fruits and some dark rum. It gives some extra flavor to muffins. Plus, dried fruits are super healthy and good for our body especially for brains, so we often add them in various recipes (mostly in sweets or salads).
These oatmeal breakfast muffins are easy to make. Just couple minutes, some patience when they are baking and done. If you want, you could serve them with berry jam or drizzle with a bit of caramel sauce on top (we sprinkled them with some icing sugar😌)
Check out the full video here! ⤵️⤵️⤵️
- 250 gr. of chopped dried apricots
- 70 ml of. dark rum
- 100 gr. oat flour
- 100 gr. corn flour
- 80 gr. almond flour
- 100 gr. orange juice
- Pinch of salt
- 100 gr. apple sauce
- Zest of orange
- 2 tbsp. brown cane sugar
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 70 gr. raisins
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Almond flakes
- Soak raisins in rum.
- Add all ingredients to food processor and mix until combine.
- After add soaked raisins and chopped dried apricots and give a good stir.
- Divide batter into portions and fully fill thick muffin papercups. I recommend to use thick muffins cups because the regular ones are to thin and don’t prevent muffins from burning.
- Sprinkle with some almond flakes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Completely cool before serving.
- Enjoy with cup of freshly brewed coffee!
- To make muffins more soft add more baking powder (about 1 tablespoon).