It’s almost 14 of February – St. Valentine’s Day – the biggest holiday for lovers. Sometimes when we love we want to make something very special for our family or our lovers. And I think that is the best way to show our love is to make tasty things like cookies, sweets or cakes. Today we are sharing with you this very simple, easy – to – make and AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS cake – Matcha crepe cake.
The nice blend of flavors and soft texture make it perfect as light ending of dinner or a good addition for tea. I totally recommended it cause the taste is really good and it looks pretty so you can make a super cool gift for your special person.
- 4 eggs
- 70 grams of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 250 to 300 grams of all – purpose flour
- 500 grams of milk
- 70 grams of melted butter
- 10 grams of matcha tea powder
- 450 ml of whipping cream
- 100 grams of strawberries
- 70 grams of icing sugar
- Matcha powder
- Icing sugar
- Whisk eggs with sugar. Add salt and stir until combine.
- Soak matcha powder in how water for 5 minutes, stir and set aside.
- Sift flour into a bowl with egg mixture. Stir until combine.
- Add some milk and mix well. Add approximately 50 ml of milk and stir once more. If mixture too thick add some more milk and mix until combine.
- Add matcha into remaining milk and give a good stir. Slowly pour milk into a crepe batter with stirring all time.
- Add melted butter and mix once more.
- Cook crepes in preheated frying pan, greased with cooking oil for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Cut crepes with cake cutter. We used cake cutter (8 in. x 3 in – 20,3 cm x 7,6 cm).
- Whip cream until strong peaks. Add icing sugar into 4 batches and whisk until combine.
- Cut strawberries into small cubes.
- Add a thin layer of whipped cream on top of crepe. Cover with another crepe and repeat the same process.
- Add some strawberries on top of the whipped cream and cover with crepe.
- Repeat the process until you finished your ingredients. Level cream with spatula to smooth the edges of cake.
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Dust cake with matcha powder on top.
- Decorate cake with strawberries and whipped cream.
- Sprinkle berries with icing sugar and serve this incredibly tasty Matcha crepe cake.
- Bon Appetite!