This kind of salad you can serve for any holiday. To make it cut and put all ingredients in separate plastic containers with lid and store them in refrigerator. Do not forget to drizzle sliced avocado with lemon juice and put it in plastic storage box with stone.
Then you should prepare sauce and cool it at room temperature. Toast nut into a frying pan without oil. It is recommended to chop herbs and lettuce leaves right before salad serving.
Make salad right before the arrival of the guests and serve it with nuts and prepared sauce.
- 1 pack of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 mango
- ½ of pomegranate
- 1 avocado
- 1 orange
- Some sticks of celery
- 7 to 8 walnuts
- 100 grams of Vintage English cheddar
- 2 to 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- Fresh dill and coriander
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Your favorite spices
- 1 orange
- 1 plum
- 1 tsp. of rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp. of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. of sugar
- 30 to 50 ml of dark rum
- Put a plate on the water bath. Put washed spinach leaves on top of the plate.
- Cut celery into slices.
- Periodically turn spinach leaves to other side, they shouldn’t boil, just become a little bit softer. (If you think that spinach leaves are already soft enough – remove plate from the water bath).
- Peel and thinly slice the avocado, drizzle with lemon juice and put into a bowl with stone.
- Cut mango and orange into pieces.
- Finely chop the fresh herbs.
- Put salad leaves into a salad bowl, sprinkle with sliced celery and chopped herbs, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and spices (choose that spices which you like).
- Add mango and orange slices, carefully stir and set aside for several minutes.
- Cut plum into cubes, put into a saucepan, add sugar, freshly squeezed orange juice and orange zest.
- Place on the medium heat and bring to the boil, cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add spices, pinch of salt, dark rum, rice vinegar, sesame oil, stir and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more until thickens.
- Remove from the heat and strain trough a sieve. (At this time I don’t strain it and drizzle salad with prepared dressing with plum pieces).
- Drizzle salad with olive oil, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and toasted walnuts.
- Add avocado slices at the last moment and decorate salad as you like.
- Put some vintage cheddar slices on top of the salad, drizzle with prepared sauce and decorate with basil leaves.
- Serve this amazing and very delicious salad to your family or your guests.
- Choose not very ripe avocado and not so immature. Very ripe avocado can turn your salad into a mess and immature one is not tasty.
- Bon Appetite!
See video here: