This soup is very useful and nutritious for our organism. Sometimes broccoli is called “Italian asparagus” and it was brought to America by Italians.
Broccoli is rich with microelements and vitamins which are necessary for proper working of our connective and bone tissue.
However, broccoli is very good for diabetics and for vegetarians and vegans. This vegetable is very healthy and nourishing that’s why meals with broccoli are so tasty and satisfying.
Usually we prefer to cook broccoli in steamer or boil it and serve with sauce. But today I want to show how to make this delicious pureed soup with light texture and very creamy flavor. Enjoy it with your family!
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 to 3 sticks of celery
- White part of leek
- 4 sprigs of green onion (white part)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 lime
- 500 ml of vegetable stock
- 150 grams of vegan parmesan
- 200 ml of vegetarian cream
- 1 tsp. of oregano
- ½ tsp. of curry
- ½ tsp. of tandoori masala
- Pinch of fennel seeds
- Pinch of hot chili flakes
- Sea salt, ground black pepper
- Basil leaves for decorating
- Cut celery into slices. Add olive oil into a thick bottom pan and place on the medium heat. Wait until it warms up.
- Cut leek into pieces. Add celery into a pan and after one minute add leek, stir and cook until transparency. Season with some salt.
- Finely chop green onion and garlic, add into a pan.
- Divide broccoli into inflorescences, add to the vegetables.
- Season with salt, pepper and spices. Stir and pour hot vegetable stock into a pan. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until broccoli readiness.
- Grate parmesan into a bowl.
- Add vegetables and broth into a blender and mix until combine. Add cream, grated cheese, 1 clove of garlic, olive oil, lime juice, salt, spices mix once more.
- Pour soup into a pan and bring to the boil. Turn off the heat.
- Add pureed soup into a serving bowl, put some cheese and garlic in the middle, sprinkle with hot chili flakes, decorate with basil leaves and serve.
- Bon Appetite!