Well, we guess that it’s time to give some relax to our body after holidays and eat something easy, tasty and healhty – Brown basmati rice and wild rice with mushrooms, green beans and leek.
My family is a huge fan or rice and I think that it’s probably because we appreciate Asian cuisine so sometimes we make such kind of meals and I think that’s will be great if you cook this too. It is a really nice combination or brown basmati and wild rice with mushrooms, fresh green beans and leek. I said “fresh” and it’s might to be a reason cause we always bought vegetables on fruit market. Hope that you will enjoy this meal!
P.S. Check our new cookbook in Amazon – Cook For Two.
- 500 grams of brown basmati and wild rice
- 350 grams of champignons (you can use any others)
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 30 to 50 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 50 grams of walnuts
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Some sprigs of parsley and dill
- ½ tsp. of oregano
- ½ tsp. of curry
- Basil leaves
- Sea salt, black pepper
- 1 hot chili pepper
- Soak rice in water for 20 minutes.
- Cut mushrooms into slices and onion into cubes.
- Add olive oil in non – stick frying pan and place on the medium heat. Wait until it heat up.
- Add mushrooms and cook them for 5 minutes, then add onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and spices.
- Slice leek and add into frying pan. Stir.
- Sprinkle with chopped dill and parsley and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cut green beans into pieces.
- Pour water into a saucepan, bring to the boil and add green beans.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes and then drain the water.
- Finely chop the fresh herbs and hot chili pepper. Add into frying pan. Season with some nutmeg, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add boiled green beans and give a good stir.
- Wash rice and drain the water.
- Place a thick bottom pan on the medium heat, add washed rice and cook for several minutes, stirring all time.
- Add some olive oil and stir, cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Add water and bring to the boil, then cook for 15 minutes or until ready.
- Add rice to vegetables.
- Chop basil leaves and toasted walnuts. Sprinkle rice with chopped nuts and basil. Give a good stir.
- Put some rice in a bowl. Decorate with basil leaves, walnuts, hot chili pepper and serve.
Recipe video here: