We can honestly say that the perfect filling for tart is Custard Cream or Crème Patisserie. Sweet and sour raspberries and rich caramel sauce are also a good pair to it. This combination of flavors makes the dessert even more delicious and delicate.
Of course, to add some colorful appearance you can add your favorite fruits and berries as well but it’s quite important to be sure that they will be suitable for tart.
- 1 egg
- 200 gr all – purpose flour
- 90 gr softened unsalted butter
- 80 gr caster sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla essence
- 200 gr fresh strawberries
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Mint leaves
- First of all, make the caramel sauce.
- For dough beat butter with sugar until it become fluffy and pale. Add vanilla essence, one egg and whisk well.
- Sift flour into mixture and give a good stir until dough starts to stick together.
- Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and keep in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Dust the surface with some flour, roll the dough and carefully transfer it to tart baking pan with rolling pin. Push it with your fingers to make the correct shape, poke with small fork to help it raise, cover with piece of baking paper and add baking beans on top. For the same reason you can use any kind or beans or rice and chickpeas.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- Bake the tart shell about 15 minutes, then remove baking paper and beans and bake about 10 minutes more.
- Let it completely cool on the wire rack.
- Add some caramel sauce and spread all over the tart surface. Place in fridge at least 30 minutes.
- Whip cream until strong peaks and combine with chilled custard cream. It is important to keep custard cream into fridge about 1 day before making the tart.
- Add cooled custard cream on top of caramel and level with spatula. Decorate with raspberries, mint leaves, dust with some icing sugar and serve chilled.
Custard cream (click here https://encreativefamily.blog/2017/11/30/chocolate-cake/ to see the recipe. The chocolate is not required)
Caramel sauce (see recipe here https://encreativefamily.blog/2017/12/20/easy-caramel-sauce/)