I always being so excited when holidays come cause it’s time to make something special, tasty and super cute like Gingerbread cookies. I like to cook such thing. It’s make me feel better when I can share my love with my dearest family through these cute little guys. And I hope that you will like them. Love ya!
- 3 eggs
- 300 gr of sugar
- 720 gr of all – purpose flour
- Orange zest
- ½ tsp. of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. of cardamom
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Fresh ginger
- 200 gr of butter
- 1 tsp. of baking powder or soda
- 200 ml of honey
- 2 egg whites
- 235 gr of icing sugar
- Food colors
- Plastic bags
- Put honey into a saucepan, add spices and place on the medium heat. Mix until combine.
- Add zest of orange, grated fresh ginger and stir until combine.
- Add 200 grams of butter and wait until it completely melts. Add baking powder or soda, stir and remove from the heat.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl.
- Break eggs into a bowl, add sugar and whisk with hand mixer until fluffy and pale consistency. Add egg mixture into honey and stir until combine.
- Sift flour and salt into prepared mixture, stir with spatula and when it starts to thicken – knead the dough on the flat surface dusted with flour until it become smooth and elastic.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and put in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 356° F (180° C). Roll the dough and cut cookies using cookie cutters. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, them let them cool on the wire rack.
- Put two egg whites in a bowl, whisk using hand mixer until soft peaks.
- Add cream of tartar and continue whisking for several minutes. Add icing sugar and beat until strong peaks.
- Divide icing into several parts and add food colors.
- Decorate gingerbread with royal icing and let them set overnight. Serve with yummy hot chocolate.
Recipe video here: