How about delicious phyllo meat roll with rice and herbs? Sounds great, isn’t it?
Well, to be honest, the taste of this roll was so gorgeous and we definitely recommended it as a holiday meal. You can serve it with different sauces or toppings and I will promise you that all guests will be satisfied.
- 350 grams of mutton forcemeat
- 350 grams of chicken forcemeat
- 1 chorizo
- 500 grams of cooked rice
- 2 onions
- 1 hot chili pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp. of thyme
- ½ tsp. of smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. of tandoori masala
- Some sprigs of dill and coriander
- 2 to 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 500 grams of phyllo dough
- 1 egg
- 50 ml of melted butter
- 300 grams of Greek yogurt
- Bunch of mint leaves
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Basil leaves
- Firstly, let’s prepare a meat roll filling.
- Cut onion into pieces.
- Add olive oil into frying pan, heat it up, add chopped garlic and after 30 seconds add onion.
- Cook until transparency, season with salt and drizzle with rice vinegar.
- Add minced meat, stir and cook for 7 to 7 minutes.
- Cut chorizo into slices, add into frying pan, then add some chopped herb, stir and cook for several minutes.
- Add cooked rice, zest and juice of one lemon, stir and season with salt and pepper (if needed).
- Put filling into a bowl and set aside until it completely cools.
- Grease 6 phyllo dough lists with melted butter and put each layer on top of other one.
- Put filling in the center of phyllo dough. Roll into a roll.
- Put roll on the baking sheet and grease with melted butter and beaten egg.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (356 degrees F).
- Bake meat roll into preheated oven until golden (30~40 minutes). Cooking time depends of your oven type.
- Chop mint and mix with yogurt. Season with salt, pepper, stir until combine.
- Put roll on the serving plate, cut into pieces and serve with mint sauce.
- Bon Appetite!
Recipe video here: