This pureed tomato soup is very easy and fast to make. It have silky and delicate taste and creamy texture. You will definitely like it and want to cook this soup again)
Pureed tomato soup
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- Olive oil
- One medium hot chili pepper
- Sun – dried tomatoes
- Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of walnuts
- ½ tsp. of turmeric
- ½ tsp. of smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. of curry
- ½ tsp. of thyme
- ½ tsp. of sea salt
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 150 ml of heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. of green pesto
- 450 grams of chopped peeled tomatoes (~ 2 cans)
1. Peel and slice onion into small cubes. Add one tablespoon of olive oil into a non – stick pan, place it on the high heat. Finely chop the garlic cloves.
2. When oil is warms up, add chopped onion and garlic into a pan, stir for one minute. Drizzle with some rice vinegar and stir once more.
3. Cut tomatoes into cubes, add into a pan and mix with spatula just few seconds.
4. Cut chili into halves, remove the seeds and thinly chop. This step is important because it helps to remove the unnecessary spiciness of chili pepper.
5. Stir mixture and add hot chili pepper. Then add 4 to 5 sun – dried tomatoes and give a good stir.
6. Pour chopped tomatoes into a pan and thoroughly stir until combine.
7. Mix once more and season with spices and salt. Stir the mixture once more and cover pan with a lid.
8. While our soup is cooking, chop walnuts into small pieces. Remove the lid and stir mixture with spatula. Add basil leaves and mix the soup again.
9. Pour mixture into a blender and blend it until combine. Return mixture into a pan and place it on the medium heat.
10. Add heavy cream and mix until combine.
11. Cook soup for 5 to 10 minutes then turn the heat off.
12. Pour soup into bowl. Add some pesto, sprinkle with chopped walnuts, drizzle with olive oil and decorate with basil leaves.
See the full video here: