Everybody in our family love fish. Especialy salmon. The best combination to salmon are vegetables: bell peppers, carrot, onion and tomatoes. When you cook it using this recipe you can see that fish will have soft creamy texture and nutty juicy flavor.
Salmon with wild and brown rice and vegetables
- 1 big salmon steak
- red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 ½ of carrot
- ½ of lemon
- Fresh coriander or parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Pinch of cumin seeds
- Pinch of fennel seeds
- Pinch of thyme
- ¼ tsp. of hot chili flakes
- 300 grams of wild and brown rice
1. Soak rice in bowl with water.
2. Cut bell peppers into slices.
3. Slice one half of onion into cubes and one half into pieces.
4. Add olive oil into non – stick frying pan and place on the medium heat. Sprinkle with some fennel and cumin seeds and wait for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Cut carrots into circles.
6. When oil warms up add onion and carrots. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Season steak with sea salt and black pepper. Cut into two pieces.
8. Add fish into frying pan with vegetables.
9. Add bell pepper slices.
10. Cut tomato into pieces and put on top of fish.
11. Cover frying pan with lid or plate and place on the low heat. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
12. Wash rice.
13. Add ¼ tsp. of hot chili flakes into saucepan and place on the medium heat. Cook for 1 minute and add olive oil.
14. Wait for 2 to 3 minutes.
15. Add rice and stir. Fry for 5 minutes.
16. Add water, cover with lid and bring to a boil.
17. Season with salt and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until ready.
18. Put some rice into serving bowl, add vegetables and fish and serve.
See the full video here: