Today we going to make something special – marshmallows with crunchy nuts and dried fruits and loukoumi. They are so tasty with delicate and nutty flavor. However, with chocolate its taste even better)
Try them cause they are incredible!
Marshmallows with nuts and dried fruits
- 2 cups of regular sugar
- 1/2 cup of glucose syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 21 grams of gelatin powder
- Rainbow, coconut and chocolate sprinkles
- 100 grams of rich dark chocolate chips
- 100 grams of white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 50 grams of nuts (cashew or peanuts)
- Dried fruits (papaya, mango, kiwi, orange) – 100 grams
- Loukoumi with pomegranate – 30 – 40 grams
- 1 tbsp. of Cyprus coffee
- 1 tsp. of instant coffee
1. Chop nuts into big chunks. Cut dried fruits and loukoumi into small cubes.
2. Grease the square rectangular baking pan with high sides with butter.
3. Put the gelatin powder and 1/2 cup of water into your whisking bowl, set aside.
4. Mix 1 teaspoon on instant coffee with remaining water until combine.
5. In a saucepan add sugar, glucose syrup, salt and coffee mixture, stir and place in the medium heat.
6. Put the candy thermometer into a saucepan and wait until syrup reach the 115 ° C or 240 ° F. Remove from the heat.
7. Start to whisk your soaked gelatin and carefully add the syrup into it. Please pay attention that the mixture is extremely hot.
8. Whisk untill strong peaks are formed and marshmallow mixture starts to look fluffy and pale. Add vanilla extract, Cyprus coffee and chopped nuts.
9. Stop whisking. Add dried fruits and mix with spatula.
10. Put the mixture into greased pan and use spatula to spread this out. Cover with plastic wrap and put your hands on it to push it down.
11. Let marshmallow set at room temperature for at least 6 hours or you can leave it overnight.
12. Dust the flat surface with mixture of powdered sugar and cornstarch. Carefully remove the plastic wrap from the pan and take out the marshmallow.
13. Cut marshmallows into rectangles and dust with powdered sugar and cornstarch.
14. Melt the chocolate into microwave with 20 seconds pulses and stir until it completely melts.
15. Put marshmallow into melted white chocolate and then into coconut sprinkles. Turn it over and put again into chocolate and then into sprinkles. Repeat the same process with other: white chocolate and rainbow sprinkles and dark chocolate and chocolate sprinkles.
See the full video here: