I am Nataly and today we going to make delicious apple pie with coconut flakes. I think that it is a great combination of sour apple taste and coconut crispiness.
Try to do it and you will like it!
Apple pie with coconut flakes
- 5 – 6 green apples
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams of all – purpose flour
- 200 grams of caster sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut flakes
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Zest of one orange
2. Add sugar into several batches and whisk until fluffy and pale.
3. Add cinnamon, pinch of ground cloves, pinch of nutmeg and zest of one orange.
4. Add flour and mix until combine.
5. Our pie batter is ready!
6. Slice apples and sprinkle with cinnamon.
7. Line baking tin with baking paper, grease with butter and dust with coconut flakes.
8. Put apple slice on the bottom of baking tin and add some batter on top.
9. Use spatula to spread it over apple slices.
10. Add some more slices and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
11. Pour the remaining dough on top of apple slice until you completely cover them.
12. Add last apple slices. Sprinkle with coconut flakes.
13. Bake at 180 degreed C (356 degrees F) for 25 minutes.
14. Cooking time depends of your ovens type.
15. Put pie on serving plate, dust with icing sugar and sprinkle with some cinnamon.
16. Time to eat!
See the full video here: