Muffins are super tasty and delicate cakes with soft texture. And if you add pinch of cinnamon and vanilla extract, they will gain a significant aroma.
That is very easy to make the base of muffins – just combine flour, eggs, oil and sugar. However, we represent you a very interesting variant of these yummy corn muffins with forest berries and oats.
Corn muffins with oats
- Corn flour – 200 grams
- Oat flour – 200 grams
- Wheat flour – 100 grams
- Baking powder – 10 grams
- Sugar – 150 grams
- Honey – 50 grams
- 4 eggs
- Sunflower oil – 100 grams
- Coconut oil – 50 grams
- Orange juice – 50 grams
- Juice of half of lemon
- Zest of lemon and orange
- Forest berries – 150 grams
- Pecan nuts – 70 grams
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp.
- ½ tsp. of cinnamon
- ½ tsp. of turmeric
- Line the baking sheet with paper muffins cups.
- Sift the flour, add baking powder, nutmeg, salt, turmeric, cinnamon and sift once more.
- Melt the coconut butter on the water bath, mix with sunflower oil and beat with sugar until fluffy and pale, add egg one by one, vanilla extract, lemon juice and orange juice, zest of orange and lemon.
- Mix this mixture with dry ingredients, berries and grinded nuts.
- Add muffin batter into paper cups and fill them on 1/3 length.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees C (392 degrees F). Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes (time depends of your oven type). Turn off the heat into oven and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Place muffins on the wire rack and let them completely cook.
- Dust muffins with sugar powder and serve.