We know another name of this meal. For example, in Belarus it calls “draniki” what means “grated”.
It is very simple meal and easy to cook. Usually we serve them with sour cream or yogurt sauce. Also, you can use a spring roll sauce of sweet chili sauce. We prefer to eat both 😊.
Potato pancakes with zucchini
- 3 – 4 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 1 zucchini
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 – 4 tbsp. of flour
- Pinch of sugar
- Fresh coriander
- Ground black pepper
- Ground pink Himalayan salt
- Olive oil for frying
- Sweet chili sauce or spring roll sauce for serving
- Peel the potatoes and thoroughly wash them. Grate the potatoes and zucchini using a grater, squeeze just a little bit and put into large bowl.
- Grate the onion but not squeeze it, put it into a bowl with pinch of sugar.
- Chop the fresh coriander.
- Sift the flour into a separate bowl. Whisk the eggs into a small bowl.
- Add a half of chopped coriander into a bowl with grated vegetables, add olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add whisked egg and stir until combine. Sift the flour into batter and mix until combine.
- Put some olive oil into a frying pan and place it on the medium heat. Wait until it warms up and then add some batter using a soup spoon. Cook for 3 – 5 minutes or until golden on each side.
- Peel, wash and chop garlic, season with some salt. Mix it with remaining chopped coriander.
- Put prepared pancakes on the serving plate, sprinkle with chopped garlic and coriander and serve with sweet chili sauce. Bon Appetite!