Super soft fritters with pear topping. I like to cook them for my children breakfast. It is a healthy and fast choice if you in a hurry and do not have enough time to cook something more difficult.
Fritters with pear
- Kefir or buttermilk – 300 ml
- 1 pear
- 2 free range eggs
- Oat flakes – 2 tbsp.
- Oat flour – 5 tbsp.
- Wheat flour – 2
- Sugar – 1 tbsp.
- Salt – ¼ tsp.
- Baking powder – ½ tsp.
- Baking soda – ½ tsp.
- Olive oil – for frying For filling:
- 2 apples
- 2 pears
- Sugar – 5 tbsp.
- Pinch of hot chili pepper
- Amaretto liqueur – 50 ml
- Cinnamon – as needed
- Pear juice – 3 – 4 tbsp.
- Butter – 50 g
- In a big bowl mix together oat and wheat flour with baking soda and baking powder.
- Pour the kefir or buttermilk in another bowl, add 2 eggs, salt, sugar and whisk until combined. Add oat flakes and mixture of dry ingredients. Leave a batter for a while.
- Prepare the filling.
- Cut apples and pears into medium sized cubes and then remove core and seeds. Grate one pear and squeeze the juice. Add grated pear in batter mixture and stir until combined.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon into a saucepan and place on the medium heat.
- When the sugar starts to caramelize, add pear juice and liqueur. Stir and then add sliced fruits.
- Cook 5 minutes then add butter and a pinch of hot chili pepper. Carefully stir the mixture and remove from the heat.
- Add some olive oil to a large, non-stick frying pan and place it on a high heat. When the oil starts to heat, stir the batter and put some mixture into pan with a spoon.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer fritters on plate and serve with filling.