Amazing focaccia recipe with salty black olives, soft texture and tasty crust. It is just melted inside your mouth. And it’s perfectly goes with cheese and fresh tomatoes.
Focaccia with black olives
- 2 cups of all – purpose flour or bread flour
- 1 ¼ cup of warm water (but not too hot)
- 30 grams of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of corn flour
- 1 tbsp. of dry yeast
- ½ sprig of rosemary
- Sea salt and sugar – to taste
- Put dry yeast and sugar into glass, add warm water and stir. Set aside.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add salt. When the yeast is enough rise add them into a bowl with flour. Put the rosemary leaves into a bowl and knead the dough. You can use a stand mixer to make the dough or do it by hands. It’s doesn’t really matter.
- Cover the bowl with dough with plastic wrap. Put the bowl into microwave, place the glass with hot water near to the bowl and close the microwave door.
- Set aside for 40 minutes to 1 hour. The other to let the dough rise in warm and dry place for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (356 degrees F). Sprinkle the baking tray with corn flour and line with parchment paper.
- Cut the black olives into small pieces. It would be much easier if you buy black olives without stones.
- Put the dough on the flat surface dusted with some flour and knead the dough using your hands. Drizzle with olive oil and form a disk. Make small holes on top of the focaccia and put the black olives inside. Do not pierce the dough to much!
- Cover the dough with clean kitchen towel and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool it and serve.