Amazing delicious vegetarian cake with yummy caramel sauce. Enjoy it.
Citrus cake with vegetarian caramel
- 400 grams of all – purpose flour
- 100 grams of toasted nuts
- 200 grams of coconut butter
- 150 – 200 grams of sugar
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- 100 – 150 grams of candied fruits
- 3 – 4 oranges
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp. For syrup:
- 300 grams of sugar
- 100 ml of water For caramel sauce:
- 150 grams of sugar
- 50 ml of water
- Coconut butter – 1 tsp.
- Coconut cream – 50 ml
- Pinch of salt
- Peel the skin from oranges and slice into thing long strips. Add water into a pan and bring to boil. Add stripes into a pan and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Drain the water and repeat the same process for 2 or 3 times.
- Add 100 ml of water and sugar into a pan, place on the medium heat. When sugar is completely dissolved, add thin strips of orange zest and cook for 7 – 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, cool and put in refrigerator for several hours.
- Put the strips on the plate and dust with sugar. The candied fruits is ready.
- Remaining syrup you can use for drinks or cakes. For caramel:
- Add water and sugar into a saucepan. Stir and place on the medium heat and wait until sugar dissolved.
- When the caramel turns to golden, remove it from the heat. Place it on the cutting board, add cream, pinch of salt and coconut butter into a saucepan and fast stir until combine. The sauce is ready. For cake:
- Toast the nuts in frying pan without oil until golden and grind using a nut grinder.
- Remove the zest from oranges and squeeze the juice. Melt the coconut butter on the water bath. Add orange and lemon juices, zest of oranges, sugar and vanilla extract. Stir until combine.
- Slice the prepared candied fruits into small cubes. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl, add cinnamon, cardamom, ground cloves, salt, candied fruits and grinded nuts.
- Add liquid ingredients to a bowl with dry mixture and thoroughly stir until combine.
- Put cake batter into a baking pan, lined with baking paper. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C (356 degrees F).
- Bake the cake for 30 – 40 minutes. Check the readiness with toothpick. Cool the cake and drizzle with caramel sauce. Decorate with flowers and lemon slices and serve. Bon appetite!