Let’s prepare a stunning yummy salad with amazing flavor. My children like to eat baked figs with different kind of filling. Sometimes I use a nuts, berries and honey. Try it. It’s really delicious.
Salad with baked figs, green lettuce, Feta cheese, nuts, dried apricots and raisins
- 150 grams of Feta cheese
- One beam of green lettuce
- 6 ripe figs
- Toasted pistachio nuts – 1 tbsp.
- 3 tbsp. of toasted peanuts
- Raisins – 4 tbsp.
- 5 dried apricots
- 2 – 3 tbsp. of honey
- 7 – 9 green olives
- 30 grams of parmesan cheese
- 30 grams of mozzarella
- 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of turmeric
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Pinch of curry
- Pinch of tandoori masala (spice)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Wash all vegetables before using.
- Grind the nuts using a nut grinder. Grate the cheeses and mix together.
- Make small crosscuts in the middle of each fig. Combine in a bowl raisins, cheeses and nuts. Put in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Take figs out of refrigerator and drizzle with honey and bake at 180 degrees C (356 degrees F) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take the prepared figs out from the oven and cool them down.
- Slice the dried apricots in thin strips, cut Feta cheese in cubes and sprinkle with black pepper. Add some spices on top of cheese cubes.
- Cut the lettuce leaves and put them on the serving plate. Place the baked figs on top of salad leaves, add cheese pieces, olives and dried apricots.
- Drizzle with olive oil and juice from bakes figs. Sprinkle with remaining nuts and serve. Enjoy!